Thursday, July 24, 2008

Can I get that door for you?

You know who else I hate? People who do not thank you for holding a door open for you. It happened to me twice today and it just reminded me of how much I hate this. It makes me want to just shut the door behind me. Or stop them in the hall and ask them if their mama knows how rude they are.

Then there are those people who would rather stand next to a closed door and wait for someone else to open it rather than open one themselves. Or they will let a large group of people through one door and then walk through at the end rather than just opening the door next to it. I've seen it with my own two eyes. Spend 5 minutes at The Cheesecake Factory in Austin, Texas and I promise you that there will be people who wait around for someone to open the door for them rather than just doing it themselves. I'm not sure if it is a germ issue or just plain laziness. Maybe I will start asking people who stand there waiting for someone else to open the door for them if they have a doctor's note stating that they are too terrified of germs to do it themselves.

Combine a person who waits around for someone to open a door with someone who doesn't say thank you and you have a real asshat on your hands.

No comments: